As a Systems Administrator/Dev Ops, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring a reliable, efficient, and secure hosting environment for our SaaS platform hosted on our own equipment in third-party co-location facilities in London.
The SaaS architecture is based on Debian Linux, Apache, Percona (MySQL), and Perl language for back-end application development. We make as much use of Open Source Software as we can which allows us to scale by increasing hardware without additional license fee costs.
You will be a member of the technical team which currently includes 2 System Administrators, 2 Perl Dev-Ops, among other developers, QC, and management roles totalling about 30 staff.
We are looking to expand our team to enable us to take on more strategic initiatives in the immediate future which include:
- Introduce Hardware Security Module and application support for clients to provide individual encryption keys to protect their data at rest.
- Introduce Web Application Firewall (e.g. mod_security)
- Develop alternative hosting options using Cloud providers (AWS)
- Continual improvement to the physical infrastructure within our data centres to ensure reliability and appropriate network segregation
- Continual improvement to our process of releasing updates to our SaaS platform (2 week agile release process with zero-downtime releases
As well as the strategic initiatives, key responsibilities of System Administrator/Dev Ops also include :
- Ensure that routine maintenance, backups, patches and monitoring are performed, and maintain network configuration including DNS, load balancing, and firewall rules.
- Ensure continued performance into the future by contributing to and documenting a hardware and system software strategy, reviewing progress against the strategy, managing individual projects to improve the hosting environment, capacity planning, sourcing hardware and system software, vendor management, and architecting the infrastructure.
- Respond to requests for security reviews from clients, arranging regular independent security reviews, and monitoring and enforcing company security policies and client requirements.
It will be expected that some maintenance procedures be performed out of normal office hours and you will be included in the out of hours incident report and resolution support team.
Oleeo means a diverse collection of things that together, make something beautiful.
That’s how we see ourselves; a diverse team of technology and talent acquisition professionals who’ve come together to achieve something - well beautiful.
Our purpose (and passion) is to help companies attract, engage and hire amazing, diverse teams that can change the world for the better. We've done that by assembling a diverse and growing team of our own.
We are pioneers in recruitment software and our solutions are built to accelerate and improve the entire recruiting process, creating a more meaningful and transparent experience for recruiters and candidates.
We have been established for over 20 years with offices in London, New York and a presence in Asia, and are proud to list some of the world’s most talented organisations like The Institute of Cancer Research, Morgan Stanley, The Metropolitan Police, Marks & Spencer’s and Bank of America among our customers.
We have a terrific culture where people work hard in a friendly, equal opportunities environment with a casual dress code, and benefits including a discounted local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, as well as plenty of coffee shops nearby.
5 REASONS TO JOIN US
Behind the scenes
We love our product so much that we gave ourselves a Net Promoter Score of +52! While it’s complex and challenging on the inside, it’s simple and user friendly on the outside – that’s what makes it interesting and exciting. As one of the pioneers, we’re not starting from scratch, we’re building from great foundations.
No matter where you are based, there’s a great feeling of camaraderie. When we’re at Oleeo we’re informal and approachable – our founder Charles is always available. There’s a good balance – we have high expectations of one another and trust each other to get the job done.
It’s an exciting time to join us, we operate in the cloud HR technology market, a sector with amazing levels of innovation and growth. From the outset, you get to work with top tier customers who are the world leaders in their sectors and see an immediate impact where you are helping them shape the future of talent acquisition.
All that you’d expect and more – lots of social events, drinks every Friday, table tennis and pool tables, bring your dog to work days and there’s a discounted gym next door!
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience from the outset, not just for our customers, but also for our people. With growth comes opportunity - we have a diverse, ambitious team many of whom have progressed not just within the teams they originally joined, but beyond and globally. We believe in the potential of our people, we know this is the reality because people come back to us. So, come and join Oleeo - we’re more powerful together
- Proven track record of administering Apache and MySQL, on Linux in a high performance, high availability environment
- We want to see individuals who are Linux officiando’s
- Knowledge of AWS will be an advantage.
- You will be organised, able to develop and document procedures and demonstrate that they are being followed, and able to deliver with minimal supervision.
- You will be both a strategic and detailed thinker, planning for future requirements but also keeping an eye on the day to day details
- You will work closely with the rest of the technical team and be able to demonstrate your ability to work well in a team and willing to roll up your sleeves and get the task at hand done
- Experience in-depth of some of the following technologies is required: Cisco firewall, switches, and VPN. HP servers and switches. LAMP: Debian Linux, Apache, MySQL administration and replication. Perl/Catalyst application development and GIT source code control. Supporting Python, Docker, Jupyter Notebook, Docker, Mesos, Kafka, Postgress for Data Science. Apache Solr. Security and Monitoring: ELK stack for monitoring, Nagios, colletd, syslog, Snort, penetration testing. Ansible configuraiton management.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.