Data Analyst (Entry Level)
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our developing Data Science team and help drive the delivery of our suite of products and services.
Oleeo provides e-recruitment software solutions to support our customers attract, engage and hire amazing, diverse teams that can change the world for the better.
This is a key supporting role which involves firstly understanding our customers’ recruiting processes and hiring data and configuring systems for great descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics. You will help improve our customers improve business outcomes as well as achieve their ambitions for diversity and fair recruiting.
You will work closely with other data science and technology team members, as well as customer facing operational teams to determine individual system requirements and then configuring systems to support machine learning models and provide data for management reporting.
We run a structured onboarding programme designed to deliver strong product and business knowledge. The programme lasts between 4-12 weeks depending on your level of experience, after which you will be ready to start configuring customer systems for AI models and analytical reporting services. The programme is very supportive towards you as a new member of Oleeo and the Technical (Data Science) team.
We ensure you receive group as well as one to one training (remote training is available) and as a result of our setup at Oleeo we are able to support you individually in your development and growth into the role. Importantly, please note we are able provide this even through the current disruption caused by the coronavirus. We want to ensure that you not only build your technical knowledge but also receive support in building your confidence within this role so that you feel valued and can also add value.
Running data and statistical queries on customer systems and models and presenting this data back to the requesting manager in a timely manner
Configuring customer systems to prepare them for AI modelling and data science work so that the correct data is included in modelling to support accuracy and model performance
Checking and amending existing configurations of customer systems and bringing them up to date where modelling requirements change and reviewing for errors
Supporting our data scientists and researchers with ad hoc data tasks including data cleaning and transformations, querying data API’s and ontologies for natural language processing (NLP) and running existing set statistical reports for management
Configuring and and maintaining machine learning models in Oleeo’s AI platform for customer application systems to generate descriptive and prescriptive analytics and reporting
Configuring customer systems for specific analytical reporting dashboards and configuring these in third party reporting tools hosted by Oleeo
Reviewing configuration and model performance on a regular basis, making recommendations for changes and applying updates in discussion with members of the data science team
Participate in and contribute to lively discussions and decision making in the data science team and Oleeo’s Intelligent Product Management group
Participate in and contribute to meetings with customers about AI modelling implementation, results and expectations
Oleeo means a diverse collection of things that together, make something beautiful.
That’s how we see ourselves; a diverse team of technology and talent acquisition professionals who’ve come together to achieve something - well beautiful.
Our purpose (and passion) is to help companies attract, engage and hire amazing, diverse teams that can change the world for the better. We've done that by assembling a diverse and growing team of our own.
We are pioneers in recruitment software and our solutions are built to accelerate and improve the entire recruiting process, creating a more meaningful and transparent experience for recruiters and candidates.
We have been established for over 20 years with a presence in London, New York and Asia, and are proud to list some of the world’s most talented organisations like The Institute of Cancer Research, Morgan Stanley, The Metropolitan Police, Marks & Spencer’s and Bank of America among our customers.
We have a terrific culture where people work hard in a friendly, equal opportunities environment with a casual dress code, and benefits including a discounted local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, as well as plenty of coffee shops nearby.
5 REASONS TO JOIN US
Behind the scenes
We love our product so much that we gave ourselves a Net Promoter Score of +52! While it’s complex and challenging on the inside, it’s simple and user friendly on the outside – that’s what makes it interesting and exciting. As one of the pioneers, we’re not starting from scratch, we’re building from great foundations.
No matter where you are based, there’s a great feeling of camaraderie. When we’re at Oleeo we’re informal and approachable – our founder Charles is always available. There’s a good balance – we have high expectations of one another and trust each other to get the job done.
It’s an exciting time to join us, we operate in the cloud HR technology market, a sector with amazing levels of innovation and growth. From the outset, you get to work with top tier customers who are the world leaders in their sectors and see an immediate impact where you are helping them shape the future of talent acquisition.
All that you’d expect and more – lots of social events, drinks every Friday, table tennis and pool tables, bring your dog to work days and there’s a discounted gym next door!
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience from the outset, not just for our customers, but also for our people. With growth comes opportunity - we have a diverse, ambitious team many of whom have progressed not just within the teams they originally joined, but beyond and globally. We believe in the potential of our people, we know this is the reality because people come back to us. So, come and join Oleeo - we’re more powerful together
The type of person we are looking for:
Enjoys working with data and datasets and has the tenacity to work through and solve the challenges that data problems present
Understands that transforming and manipulating data to get results is as important as the results themselves
Has great attention to detail and is able to focus on specific data problems and solve them effectively
Is looking for the opportunity to learn more about data science and contribute to ‘cutting edge’ technology development in the recruitment industry
Key Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for applications from data specialists and researchers, with a background in statistics, machine learning, deep learning and an interest in its practical applications. You might be coming to us straight from full time education with this experience, or you may be able to offer some practical work experience and looking for a role where you can settle and build your career in data science.
- We'd be delighted to welcome applications from individuals who might have a good level of experience working with the applications of AI to technology platforms within the SaaS sector - ideally this will include Human Resources, Payroll, Recruiting or Talent Management technology, whether at a technology firm, in an outsourcing or services organisation, or within an HR or HRIT role. However this is not essential.
- We will also consider applications from operational recruitment or Human Resources exports who can demonstrate a strong IT capability or data science understanding and want to switch to a more data science focused role
- Working knowledge and use of Python is essential
- Used to working with customers, whether internal or external, to deliver the business requirements of a systems based data project
- Able to understand the business processes relating to one of the HR or recruiting areas above, and why these are important to customers
- Able to analyse business and stakeholder needs and convert them into data science and configuration requirements
- Good communicator, able to complete accurate and well-written reports and specifications, have good listening skills and be comfortable running meetings and communicating at multiple levels. We will also support to develop this skill set so that you develop a consultative mindset
- Have worked on multiple projects, often at the same time, with evidence of being able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good software product configuration skills with high quality of work and attention to detail
- Able and willing to travel up to a maximum of 25% of the time within the UK once the Covid-19 crisis dissipates
- Ideally we would like to see a degree level education, but we would positively welcome applications from A-level or B-Tec leavers who can demonstrate good data science skills and knowledge or a relevant data science qualification
- Python programming experience essential and Tableau and/or web development would also be desirable