DevOps Python Engineer
Oleeo is seeking a Python Engineer to join our expanding Data Science team. We are passionate about our award-winning recruitment software and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products that help our customers to recruit the best quality candidates for the job in the shortest time. The successful applicant will get to make a significant contribution and the opportunity to work on a number of Data Science and machine learning projects with global reach for a number of our high profile customers. We are looking for someone who is a skilled engineer who is experienced in python and search methodologies.
You will have a good understanding of Search Science and the algorithms and methods that make search effective. You will be able to identify opportunities to improve search quality - from including relevance engineering, machine learning, natural language processing and more. Devising evaluation methodologies to measure search quality and developing experiments to validate them
You will be well versed in Search-at-Scale with a deep understanding of Elasticsearch query DSL and performance tuning for real-time applications at global scale. Skills in data exploration including Kibana would be useful.
In this role you will also be building fast, flexible API’s and data processing to support them. The API’s you design will be used by a variety of internal users and external customers. This will require building libraries, services and tools that help the speed of delivery to these users.
- Designing and building new areas of functionality driven by data science based on both client and internal requirements
- Expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture as well as optimizing how data flows through the system
- Improving existing data flows and services
- Ensuring your code is written and maintained to a high standard
- Providing input to the software and system architecture and contributing toward their development
- Working closely with and training other members of the team
- Producing documentation, estimates, design and functional specifications for use by internal teams
- Working within the Data Science team and working closely with the Product Lead, Data Engineering Lead and Data Science team members
- Fixing internal and client-submitted defects
Oleeo means a diverse collection of things that together, make something beautiful.
That’s how we see ourselves; a diverse team of technology and talent acquisition professionals who’ve come together to achieve something - well beautiful.
Our purpose (and passion) is to help companies attract, engage and hire amazing, diverse teams that can change the world for the better. We've done that by assembling a diverse and growing team of our own.
We are pioneers in recruitment software and our solutions are built to accelerate and improve the entire recruiting process, creating a more meaningful and transparent experience for recruiters and candidates.
We have been established for over 20 years with offices in London, New York and a presence in Asia, and are proud to list some of the world’s most talented organisations like The Institute of Cancer Research, Morgan Stanley, The Metropolitan Police, Marks & Spencer and Bank of America among our customers.
We have a terrific culture where people work hard in a friendly, equal opportunities environment with a casual dress code, and benefits including a discounted local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, as well as plenty of coffee shops nearby.
5 REASONS TO JOIN US
Behind the scenes
We love our product so much that we gave ourselves a Net Promoter Score of +52! While it’s complex and challenging on the inside, it’s simple and user friendly on the outside – that’s what makes it interesting and exciting. As one of the pioneers, we’re not starting from scratch, we’re building from great foundations.
No matter where you are based, there’s a great feeling of camaraderie. When we’re at Oleeo we’re informal and approachable – our founder Charles is always available. There’s a good balance – we have high expectations of one another and trust each other to get the job done.
It’s an exciting time to join us, we operate in the cloud HR technology market, a sector with amazing levels of innovation and growth. From the outset, you get to work with top tier customers who are the world leaders in their sectors and see an immediate impact where you are helping them shape the future of talent acquisition.
All that you’d expect and more – lots of social events, drinks every Friday, table tennis and pool tables, bring your dog to work days and there’s a discounted gym next door!
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience from the outset, not just for our customers, but also for our people. With growth comes opportunity - we have a diverse, ambitious team many of whom have progressed not just within the teams they originally joined, but beyond and globally. We believe in the potential of our people, we know this is the reality because people come back to us. So, come and join Oleeo - we’re more powerful together!
- Minimum 3 years Python software development experience in data science or machine learning
- Passionate about Python, SQL and Git - delivering tested, reliable, and maintainable software
- Experience of developing and implementing RESTful API’s and microservices
- Enjoy focusing on backend engineering problems, including contributing to projects such as building web APIs, data processing pipelines, and project tooling.
- Active interest not only in how our software is built, but also understanding who it’s being built for and why they need our help
- Committed to writing elegant, clean, performant code behind that other developers love to work with
- Solid understanding of cybersecurity
- Experience with ElasticSearch and preferably AWS
- Comfortable using Git alongside a Docker or Docker Compose based development environment
- Creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Superb soft skills, social intelligence and empathy are critical to align with the Data Science team’s positive ‘can-do’ culture
- You’ll have experience of, or are excited to learn about, other technologies such as Django, Flask, Apache Spark (PySpark), Apache Kafka, AWS, Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Build and automate Extract, Transform, and Load operations (ETLs) to get data where it needs to go
This Vacancy is closed to applications.