Human Resources Advisor (Part-Time) - Maternity Leave Contract
With growth comes the opportunity to invest, both in our product and in our people. We need to keep improving how we develop and retain talented people. If being the operational face of Human Resources in a fast-growth software business of 100+ people sounds interesting, this is where you come in.
This role is to be our Human Resources generalist, dealing with the A-Z of Human Resources; from advising on a complex employee relations matter, to pulling off reports from our new holiday tracking software, to supporting with the recruitment of our new talent. This highly operational position will take full responsibility for all day-to-day people related initiatives in a comprehensive, professional and proactive approach.
As a key member of the Human Resources team, you will be reporting into the Human Resources Director (HRD) and working with the Recruitment Manager to provide an outstanding experience to our clients. We are a supportive, friendly and fun Human Resources team with clear objectives, setting us up to deliver outstanding results.
We are looking for someone to work flexibly out of our offices in Wimbledon Park 25 hours per week, spread across 5 hours per day. (hours and days can be discussed on application)
- You will be responsible for all HR operations and compliance matters supporting staff with the full employee life-cycle
- Sitting with the business on a daily basis, you will be the first point of contact for managing the day to day people issues that arise and deal with them in a timely manner
- Support with continuous review and implementation, if needed, of all people related policies in line with business objectives and current employment legislation
- Drafting and issuing of all internal employee contractual paperwork including change of contract paperwork, such as any promotions, salary increases, probation updates
- Processing of new joiners including administration of their reference checks, new joiner forms, drafting on-boarding plan, conducting inductions and co-ordination of a mentor
- Manage probation periods to ensure ongoing communication with line managers and new starters, including gaining feedback via online induction surveys
- Handling employee relation, such as flexible working requests, maternity and shared parental leave requests, and disciplinary issues, such as absence and capability
- Processing of leavers, including conducting exit interviews and analytical reporting on the findings
- Training scheduling, room/equipment booking, supporting HRD with engagement in the programme to ensure maximum attendance and evaluating feedback
- Producing and analysing monthly Key Performance Indicator data from existing spreadsheets and software
- Maintaining, promoting, and driving adoption all HR systems, including our holiday absence system, performance management system and benefits platform
- Assist Recruitment Manager with recruitment, including screening and setting up interviews for applications across all live roles.
- Supporting and potentially managing ad-hoc HR projects, such as the implementation of new practices or systems
Oleeo means a diverse collection of things that together, make something beautiful.
That’s how we see ourselves; a diverse team of technology and talent acquisition professionals who’ve come together to achieve something - well beautiful.
Our purpose (and passion) is to help companies attract, engage and hire amazing, diverse teams that can change the world for the better. We've done that by assembling a diverse and growing team of our own.
We are pioneers in recruitment software and our solutions are built to accelerate and improve the entire recruiting process, creating a more meaningful and transparent experience for recruiters and candidates.
We have been established for over 20 years with offices in London, New York and a presence in Asia, and are proud to list some of the world’s most talented organisations like The Institute of Cancer Research, Morgan Stanley, The Metropolitan Police, Marks & Spencer’s and Bank of America among our customers.
We have a terrific culture where people work hard in a friendly, equal opportunities environment with a casual dress code, and benefits including a discounted local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, as well as plenty of coffee shops nearby.
5 REASONS TO JOIN US
Behind the scenes
We love our product so much that we gave ourselves a Net Promoter Score of +52! While it’s complex and challenging on the inside, it’s simple and user friendly on the outside – that’s what makes it interesting and exciting. As one of the pioneers, we’re not starting from scratch, we’re building from great foundations.
No matter where you are based, there’s a great feeling of camaraderie. When we’re at Oleeo we’re informal and approachable – our founder Charles is always available. There’s a good balance – we have high expectations of one another and trust each other to get the job done.
It’s an exciting time to join us, we operate in the cloud HR technology market, a sector with amazing levels of innovation and growth. From the outset, you get to work with top tier customers who are the world leaders in their sectors and see an immediate impact where you are helping them shape the future of talent acquisition.
All that you’d expect and more – lots of social events, drinks every Friday, table tennis and pool tables, bring your dog to work days and there’s a discounted gym next door!
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience from the outset, not just for our customers, but also for our people. With growth comes opportunity - we have a diverse, ambitious team many of whom have progressed not just within the teams they originally joined, but beyond and globally. We believe in the potential of our people, we know this is the reality because people come back to us. So, come and join Oleeo - we’re more powerful together!
- Significant experience of both Human Resources administration and generalist business partnering advising on complex employee relations matters working with stakeholders from different functions and backgrounds
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law and how to apply it
- Must have implemented policies and procedures and be confident to roll out business wide
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with others, able to influence at every level
- Resilience - can drive initiatives, get results and overcome objections from the business without impacting end goal
- Extremely organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills able to clearly articulate point of view and use business acumen to adopt a commercial approach
- Able to show evidence of making a positive, measurable impact where you have worked, whether reducing employee churn, or getting people on board quickly
- Excellent attention to detail in terms of data, people, process and advice
- Full of common sense, and know when a sophisticated model is needed, and when to just do it the basic way
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the task at hand done with a positive, dynamic, can-do attitude
- Takes initiative - doesn't need to be asked to own business critical projects. Can be trusted to deliver with minimal supervision
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ideal if CIPD qualified or part-qualified or equivalent
This Vacancy is closed to applications.