Implementation Consultant (Recruitment Software)
We are looking for two implementation consultants to join our operations team. Working in customer facing teams, you will be part of a group of professionals dealing with some very prestigious clients delivering high quality recruitment software implementations. It's a really great time to join as you'll be trained on our product, get to know your customer group and build your own career portfolio working with some very well known clients.
Due to Covid-19 we as a business are all currently working remotely and doing that very successfully due to our set-up and product. We are therefore happy to accept applications from those that are not based in London, but are willing to still travel to clients as and when things do change and restrictions are lifted. We will also consider applications from part-time individuals and can discuss the specific requirements upon application.
As an Implementation Consultant you will be conducting business requirement gathering from our clients to establish their needs, then configuring and implementing our e-recruitment technology for customers, with a focus on high quality of service.
You will work with other team members to deliver e-recruitment systems implementations ensuring that the scope, quality and budget expectations of our customers are met.
We run a structured on-boarding programme designed to deliver strong product and business knowledge. The programme lasts between 4 and 12 weeks depending on your level of experience, after which you will be ready to get involved with our customers.
- Running requirements gathering and design meetings for various clients once the sales team have secured a contract. With the expectation of at times leading and playing an active role in those meetings, as well occasionally leading training sessions for small and medium-sized groups.
- Work closely with our clients’ requirements to ensure we understand their goals and requirements and can deliver them.
- Work internally with sales, project management, account management, technology and quality control teams; our quality control teams are a key interface to make sure that all our work is tested and error free at the point of release to a client
- Work externally with client teams from a variety of backgrounds, mainly within HR and IT up to Director Level; often from around the world.
- High level configuration of the Oleeo e-recruitment technology to match the recruitment needs of the client
We have been established for over 20 years with offices in London, New York and a presence in Asia, and are proud to list some of the world’s most talented organisations like The Institute of Cancer Research, Morgan Stanley, The Metropolitan Police, Marks & Spencer’s and Bank of America among our customers.
Around the world businesses are investing in technology to improve how they attract and hire talent, and our ambition is to continue to be one of the leading technology providers, helping our customers hire the best talent possible.
Oleeo means a diverse collection of things that together, make something beautiful.
That’s how we see ourselves; a diverse team of technology and talent acquisition professionals who’ve come together to achieve something - well beautiful.
Our purpose (and passion) is to help companies attract, engage and hire amazing, diverse teams that can change the world for the better. We've done that by assembling a diverse and growing team of our own.
We are pioneers in recruitment software and our solutions are built to accelerate and improve the entire recruiting process, creating a more meaningful and transparent experience for recruiters and candidates.
We have a terrific culture where people work hard in a friendly, equal opportunities environment with a casual dress code, and benefits including a discounted local gym membership, cycle to work scheme, as well as plenty of coffee shops nearby.
5 REASONS TO JOIN US
Behind the scenes
We love our product so much that we gave ourselves a Net Promoter Score of +52! While it’s complex and challenging on the inside, it’s simple and user friendly on the outside – that’s what makes it interesting and exciting. As one of the pioneers, we’re not starting from scratch, we’re building from great foundations.
No matter where you are based, there’s a great feeling of camaraderie. When we’re at Oleeo we’re informal and approachable – our founder Charles is always available. There’s a good balance – we have high expectations of one another and trust each other to get the job done.
It’s an exciting time to join us, we operate in the cloud HR technology market, a sector with amazing levels of innovation and growth. From the outset, you get to work with top tier customers who are the world leaders in their sectors and see an immediate impact where you are helping them shape the future of talent acquisition.
All that you’d expect and more – lots of social events, drinks every Friday, table tennis and pool tables, bring your dog to work days and there’s a discounted gym next door!
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience from the outset, not just for our customers, but also for our people. With growth comes opportunity - we have a diverse, ambitious team many of whom have progressed not just within the teams they originally joined, but beyond and globally. We believe in the potential of our people, we know this is the reality because people come back to us. So, come and join Oleeo - we’re more powerful together
- You will have very good experience working with implementing technology platforms, and ideally this will include Human Resources, Payroll, Recruiting, or Talent Management technology, whether at a technology firm, in an outsourcing or services organisation, or within an HR or HRIT role. Key skills will be business requirements gathering, software implementation and problem solving.
- We will also consider applications for part-time and remote working. There will likely in the future be the need to travel to clients so we will explore this as part of the interview and application process.
- This role and the level of salary will ideally suit someone with circa 2-3 years working within Software implementation; that can be from the other side though, so if you are an HR Systems expert working "in-house" with the software vendor to implement the external software into your systems.
- You will be used to working with customers, whether they are internal or external, to deliver the business requirements of a systems based project
- Ideally, you will understand the business processes related to one of the HR or recruiting areas above, and why these are important to customers
- You will be able to analyse business and stakeholder needs and convert them into system functional requirements
- You will be a strong communicator, able to complete accurate and well-written specifications, have good listening skills, and be confident running meetings and communicating at multiple levels
- You will have experience working on multiple projects often at the same time, with evidence of being able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- You will have good software product configuration skills, with high quality of work and attention to detail
- Security clearance is required for this role so you MUST have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years to obtain the level of security clearance required.
- You will be able to travel up to a maximum of 25% of the time, within the UK and occasionally in the US depending on the projects you work on - This will be a consideration and something to discuss within the interview process. We are all working remotely for now, but likely next year once we reach a new "normal" then some client interaction will resume.
- We welcome applications from those with a technology related degree or from A-level or B-Tec leavers with strong software experience or a relevant IT qualification.